'blog > tag cloud
My Top 100 Tags over past 155 months
What does this Tag Cloud show?
- Large Font = Most Used / Small Font = Least Used
- Bright Color = Newer / Faded Color = Older
- Move the slider around to see trends in word usage!
About Auto Tags & Aging Tag Cloud Timeline
- This page runs a small script that goes through every 'blog entry I've ever written and makes a list of all the unique words I've used and how many times each word is used.
- Then it removes the most common words like "the", "this", "that"
- Once the commonly used language-specific words are removed, it makes a "tag cloud" in which the more commonly used words are shown in bigger font size than the less frequently used ones.
- Additionally, it tries to figure out how long ago a given word hit it's peak usage and brightens the recently used words while fading away words I haven't used in a while.
- Just click on the tag to read all the 'blog entries where I mentioned it.
- It's not a perfect method since I don't manually tag my 'blog entries, however, considering the fact that this is pretty much automated, I think it gives quite a good overview of the stuff that I write about i.e. the stuff I care about.
- The slider-motion works better/faster in Firefox than in Internet Explorer 6.0 because of the difference in implementation of the innerHTML method that I use to change the tags as the slider moves.
Make your OWN Aging Tag Cloud!
- Download the free Tagline - Timeline-based Tag Cloud Generator by Chirag Mehta.
- Open-source PHP Code - lazily released under Creative Commons License 2.5.