Fri, 21st Mar '03, 11:40 am::

I've always have a problem with static electricity ever since I came to US. It never happened in India, so I guess it's the carpetted floors here. Every now and then, most likely when it's too dry out here, I touch metallic objects like door knobs, water coolers etc. and get mild electric shocks. Also if I touch people, they get shocked too! Finally, after reading this Straight Dope article, I found out how to prevent the static shocks from hurting me. All I gotta do is touch metallic objects while holding another metallic object, like a coin or a key. Eh no biggie! Much better than getting shocked in the tongue while trying to drink water!!!

 < Feb 2003Apr 2003 >