iTunes Match download error - AppleScript solutionSat, 16th Jun '12, 12:45 pm::
This blog entry is for those who are trying to re-download their entire iTunes Match library on OS X for any reason and getting tons of errors like "This item cannot be downloaded: The item you have requested is not available for download", "There was a problem downloading. An unknown error occured (11111). Please check that the connection to the network is active and try again." When the error message pops up, iTunes stops downloading any more files and if you are like me and have thousands of songs queued up to be downloaded, manually having to click the "Ok" button will take weeks or months. Here's my solution to at least downloading the other files:
1. Create a new blank AppleScript and save it to your desktop as "iTunes-Enter.app" via File > Save. Make sure the File Format is set to Application and check the "Stay Open" option. The script will not work without this.
2. Copy-paste the following code into the AppleScript Editor:
tell application "System Events"
tell process "iTunes"
if (count of windows) > 1 then
set frontmost to true
key code 36
3. Save the file and close all windows except for iTunes. Make sure only one iTunes window is open and begin your downloads.
4. Double-click the iTunes-Enter.app icon on your desktop.
5. Sit back and watch as all the iTunes error messages are clicked automatically. I recommend you don't try to multi-task while this is going on because iTunes will be brought to focus any time there is an error message.