Introducing the Glorious Game of Scrabble-Ping-PongTue, 27th Nov '12, 12:25 pm::
Last night we invented the Glorious Game of Scrabble-Ping-Pong. Similar to the famed sport of Chess-Boxing but far less painful, Scrabble-Ping-Pong is a game of speed, quick thinking, and real-time strategy.
The Rules of Scrabble-Ping-Pong are as follows:
- Round 1: Two alternating moves of Scrabble per player.
- Round 2: Five serves of Ping-Pong per player.
- First player to get 200 points in Scrabble OR 25 points in Ping-Pong is declared the winner.
- Alternate between rounds of Scrabble and Ping-Pong until either player wins.
- Local rules of Scrabble and Ping-Pong apply.
- Each move in Scrabble is timed and given at most 2 minutes.
- No breaks or rest intervals between rounds of Scrabble and Ping-Pong.
- Live scoreboard must be clearly visible to both players at all times to enable dynamic strategizing.
- In case of a tie in one game, the winner is declared based on the other game.
- In case of a tie in both games, feel free to make up your own tie-breakers.
Our scoreboard from last night, colorfully filled-in by Juliet, is shown below:
Here's our Scrabble board:
I can't wait till the next Glorious Game of Scrabble-Ping-Pong!
Airboat ride in Everglades City, FLFri, 23rd Nov '12, 2:05 am::
Last week Juliet and I took a short vacation to Marco Island, FL. We went on another airboat ride, this time in Everglades City, FL:
Voting with sugarTue, 6th Nov '12, 12:55 pm::
Today is the US Election day and since I can't vote yet, I've decided to cast my ballot in a more delicious way. A local bakery here in Florida: Frida's Cafe is selling Obama and Romney cookies. According to the owner Frida, their election day cookie sales correctly predicted the elections in 2000, 2004, and 2008. I can't wait till Juliet gets home so we can go "vote". After the election results come in tonight, I will post if their cookie-sales-based predictions were correct or not.
Edit at 11:50pm: Frida's cookie sales predicted Obama won (Obama 2750 cookies, Romney 2470 cookies). And now all the TV channels are calling the election a victory for Obama. So Frida's cookie sales continue their successful streak of prediction.