Introducing the Glorious Game of Scrabble-Ping-PongTue, 27th Nov '12, 12:25 pm::
Last night we invented the Glorious Game of Scrabble-Ping-Pong. Similar to the famed sport of Chess-Boxing but far less painful, Scrabble-Ping-Pong is a game of speed, quick thinking, and real-time strategy.
The Rules of Scrabble-Ping-Pong are as follows:
- Round 1: Two alternating moves of Scrabble per player.
- Round 2: Five serves of Ping-Pong per player.
- First player to get 200 points in Scrabble OR 25 points in Ping-Pong is declared the winner.
- Alternate between rounds of Scrabble and Ping-Pong until either player wins.
- Local rules of Scrabble and Ping-Pong apply.
- Each move in Scrabble is timed and given at most 2 minutes.
- No breaks or rest intervals between rounds of Scrabble and Ping-Pong.
- Live scoreboard must be clearly visible to both players at all times to enable dynamic strategizing.
- In case of a tie in one game, the winner is declared based on the other game.
- In case of a tie in both games, feel free to make up your own tie-breakers.
Our scoreboard from last night, colorfully filled-in by Juliet, is shown below:
Here's our Scrabble board:
I can't wait till the next Glorious Game of Scrabble-Ping-Pong!